Thursday, October 28

Hallow Evening



Thank you for the comments on my previous post. Your words always matter to me, and the insightfulness of virtual strangers never ceases to amaze and amuse.

What a funky Halloween it's shaping up to be. I remember as a kid looking forward to sugary booty being doled out freely. What fun it was picking out a costume and a pillow case strong enough to haul the mountains of candy I had planned to score. Remember how fast the rumors about houses giving out full-size candy got around?

Now I'm a boring grown-up and a low-carb freak, so the holiday is looking pretty dull. The opposite of last year: Freezing in the pouring rain in West Hollywood... that was scary. The weather wasn't the only thing that made it miserable. Had to cart home a drunk friend as he hurled insults at gay people. Glad we made it out alive.

Yeah, this year I will enjoy a nice, peaceful evening at home... Handing out full-size candy bars.